Antigua and Barbuda adopted this flag on February 27, 1967, when they became a self-governing colony. The twin islands gained independence from the British in 1981, after nearly 350 years of colonialism. This flag was designed by Sir Reginald Samuel, a high school art teacher, whose design won in a contest of more than 600 locals. The star/sun represents the dawn of a new era, the red represents the energy of the people, and the black represent’s the people’s African heritage. The yellow, white, and blue combination represents sun, sand, and sea.
The standard Antigua and Barbuda flag kit is value-priced and stylish. Complete kit contains:
- Antigua and Barbuda flag made of durable and vibrant 200-Denier nylon that is bordered by gold rayon fringe and finished with a 3 in. flannel-lined pole hem with Velcro tabs;
- 2-piece, 1-1/4 in. diameter oak pole with brass screw joint;
- decorative gold rayon cord with tassels;
- 7-3/4 in. shiny gold spear ornament made of high-impact styrene plastic;
- and high-impact styrene plastic Liberty base with vacuum-plated gold finish.
Please Note: This kit is made to order. Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Shipping charges vary due to the size and weight of this kit and based on shipping destination. Therefore, shipping charges will be applied at the time of shipment. See our shipping estimator or email email@example.com for a shipping estimate.
US flag kit companion sizes:
- 8 ft. pole matches standard quality US flag kit item code KUS35XN.
- 9 ft. pole matches standard quality US flag kit item code KUS46XN.