The Honor and Sacrifice Flag
was developed by the Honor and Remember organization to specifically honor those fallen in all communities of public safety. The Honor and Sacrifice Flag allows all Americans to express a specific statement of thanks in memory of those who heroically gave their lives and to those family members who grieve their loss.
The Honor and Sacrifice Flag is made from specially created nylon for outdoor use. It features a white polyester canvas heading and brass grommets. Strong and durable, the special parachute cloth treatment reduces sun and chemical deterioration. The flag is acid dyed for long lasting color and includes canvas heading and grommets for hanging.
The Honor and Sacrifice Flag Symbolism:
- The Blue Field symbolizes nationally the law enforcement community.
- The Purple Field respectfully signifies mourning for a loss in the firefighter community.
- The White Field recognizes the purity of heart within each individual who serves and protects and is willing to face each day’s challenges regardless of risk.
- The Black Star represents those who wear the distinctive badge including sheriff and marshal services.
- The Red Maltese Cross recognizes all who have fallen in the emergency response communities.
- The Gold Shield recognizes all law enforcement and other public safety representatives who wear the shield, including EMT and have made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty. Gold reflects the value of the life given.
- The Folded Flag signifies the final tribute to an individual life that a family has lost for the sake of others.
- The Flame is an eternal reminder of the spirit that has departed this life yet burns on in the memory of all who knew and loved the fallen hero.