The Australian flag was adopted in 1901 and last changed in 1909. The Union Jack in the canon represents Australia's first colonization by the British. The six stars on the fly end depict the Southern Cross, a distinctive constellation in the Southern Hemisphere. The star beneath the Union Jack is the Commonwealth Star, or Federation Star. The star had six points originally, signifying the six federating colonies, but a seventh point was added in 1908 to represent the Territory of Papua and any future territories.
This premium kit is an elegant way to honor Australia. Complete kit contains:
- Australian flag made of durable and vibrant 200-Denier nylon that is bordered by gold rayon fringe and finished with a 3 in. flannel-lined pole hem with Velcro tabs;
- handsome 2-piece, 1-1/4 in. diameter oak pole with brass screw joint;
- decorative gold rayon cord with tassels;
- 7-3/4 in. fancy spear ornament made from gold-plated aluminum;
- and cast iron Admiral base with gold anodized aluminum cover.
Please Note: This kit is made to order. Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Shipping charges vary due to the size and weight of this kit and based on shipping destination. Therefore, shipping charges will be applied at the time of shipment. See our shipping estimator or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a shipping estimate.
US flag kit companion sizes:
- 8 ft. pole matches standard quality US flag kit item code KUS35G.
- 9 ft. pole matches standard quality US flag kit item code KUS46G.
Mobile users: to view the grid properly, use the Columns down arrow to add columns or flip your device sideways.