The Golden Arrowhead, as Guyana’s flag is known, was adopted in 1966 after the country became independent from the United Kingdom. It was designed by American vexillologist Whitney Smith. The red in this flag symbolizes for zeal and dynamism, the green represents agriculture and forests, and the gold represents Guyana’s mineral deposits. The black and white fimbriations were not part of the original design. The black stands for endurance while the white represents water and rivers.
This premium kit is an elegant way to honor Guyana. Complete kit contains:
- Guyana flag made of durable and vibrant 200-Denier nylon that is bordered by gold rayon fringe and finished with a 3 in. flannel-lined pole hem with Velcro tabs;
- handsome 2-piece, 1-1/4 in. diameter oak pole with brass screw joint;
- decorative gold rayon cord with tassels;
- 7-3/4 in. fancy spear ornament made from gold-plated aluminum;
- and cast iron Admiral base with gold anodized aluminum cover.
Please Note: This kit is made to order. Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Shipping charges vary due to the size and weight of this kit and based on shipping destination. Therefore, shipping charges will be applied at the time of shipment. See our shipping estimator or email email@example.com for a shipping estimate.
US flag kit companion sizes:
- 8 ft. pole matches standard quality US flag kit item code KUS35G.
- 9 ft. pole matches standard quality US flag kit item code KUS46G.