The Greek flag, also called the galanolefki
or the kianolefki
, the "blue-white," was adopted in 1978, although the colors and general pattern have been in use since 1822. The colors are interpreted in many ways and may represent the Greek sky and sea or traditional colors of Greek clothes. The cross in the canton represents Eastern Orthodox Christianity. The 9 stripes represent each letter of the Greek word for freedom. They can also be tied to the 9 muses.
This premium kit is an elegant way to honor Greece. Complete kit contains:
- Greek flag made of durable and vibrant 200-Denier nylon that is bordered by gold rayon fringe and finished with a 3 in. flannel-lined pole hem with Velcro tabs;
- handsome 2-piece, 1-1/4 in. diameter oak pole with brass screw joint;
- decorative gold rayon cord with tassels;
- 7-3/4 in. fancy spear ornament made from gold-plated aluminum;
- and cast iron Admiral base with gold anodized aluminum cover.
Please Note: This kit is made to order. Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Shipping charges vary due to the size and weight of this kit and based on shipping destination. Therefore, shipping charges will be applied at the time of shipment. See our shipping estimator or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a shipping estimate.
US flag kit companion sizes:
- 8 ft. pole matches standard quality US flag kit item code KUS35G.
- 9 ft. pole matches standard quality US flag kit item code KUS46G.
Mobile users: to view the grid properly, use the Columns down arrow to add columns or flip your device sideways.