Latvia used this flag from 1918 until 1940, when its use was banned under Soviet rule. Latvia readopted the flag in 1990 after regaining independence. The red stripes are sometimes said to represent the Latvians willingness to defend freedom and liberty. Alternatively, a legend suggests that the colors originated when a Latvian leader was wounded in battle and his blood stained the edges of the white sheet he was wrapped in.
This premium kit is an elegant way to honor Latvia. Complete kit contains:
- Latvian flag made of durable and vibrant 200-Denier nylon that is bordered by gold rayon fringe and finished with a 3 in. flannel-lined pole hem with Velcro tabs;
- handsome 2-piece, 1-1/4 in. diameter oak pole with brass screw joint;
- decorative gold rayon cord with tassels;
- 7-3/4 in. fancy spear ornament made from gold-plated aluminum;
- and cast iron Admiral base with gold anodized aluminum cover.
Please Note: This kit is made to order. Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Shipping charges vary due to the size and weight of this kit and based on shipping destination. Therefore, shipping charges will be applied at the time of shipment. See our shipping estimator or email email@example.com for a shipping estimate.
US flag kit companion sizes:
- 8 ft. pole matches standard quality US flag kit item code KUS35G.
- 9 ft. pole matches standard quality US flag kit item code KUS46G.