Francisco de Miranda, a Venezuelan revolutionary, created the flag of Gran Columbia, which inspired the Columbian, Ecuadorian, and Venezuelan flags. His use of yellow, blue, and red was motivated by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe’s theory of primary colors. The meaning behind the colors varies but the current interpretation is that yellow represents the gold found in Columbian land, blue represents the seas at Columbian shores, and red represents the blood spilled in pursuit of Columbian freedom.
This premium kit is an elegant way to honor Columbia. Complete kit contains:
- Columbian flag made of durable and vibrant 200-Denier nylon that is bordered by gold rayon fringe and finished with a 3 in. flannel-lined pole hem with Velcro tabs;
- handsome 2-piece, 1-1/4 in. diameter oak pole with brass screw joint;
- decorative gold rayon cord with tassels;
- 7-3/4 in. fancy spear ornament made from gold-plated aluminum;
- and cast iron Admiral base with gold anodized aluminum cover.
Please Note: This kit is made to order. Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Shipping charges vary due to the size and weight of this kit and based on shipping destination. Therefore, shipping charges will be applied at the time of shipment. See our shipping estimator or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a shipping estimate.
US flag kit companion sizes:
- 8 ft. pole matches standard quality US flag kit item code KUS35G.
- 9 ft. pole matches standard quality US flag kit item code KUS46G.