Madagascar adopted this flag in 1958 when the country was preparing for independence. The flag’s colors represent Madagascar’s history, social classes, and desire for independence. Red and white were the colors of the Merina kingdom which succumbed to France in 1896. Green is the color of the Hova, the large peasant class, who were very important to anti-French agitation and the independence movement.
The standard Madagascar flag kit is value-priced and stylish. Complete kit contains:
- Madagascar flag made of durable and vibrant 200-Denier nylon that is bordered by gold rayon fringe and finished with a 3 in. flannel-lined pole hem with Velcro tabs;
- 2-piece, 1-1/4 in. diameter oak pole with brass screw joint;
- decorative gold rayon cord with tassels;
- 7-3/4 in. shiny gold spear ornament made of high-impact styrene plastic;
- and high-impact styrene plastic Liberty base with vacuum-plated gold finish.
Please Note: This kit is made to order. Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Shipping charges vary due to the size and weight of this kit and based on shipping destination. Therefore, shipping charges will be applied at the time of shipment. See our shipping estimator or email email@example.com for a shipping estimate.
US flag kit companion sizes:
- 8 ft. pole matches standard quality US flag kit item code KUS35XN.
- 9 ft. pole matches standard quality US flag kit item code KUS46XN.