Adopted in 1853, the French flag has a rich history. Blue, the color of St. Martin, and red, the color of St. Denis, are the traditional Paris colors. These colors were worn by the Paris militia during the storming of the Bastille. Red and blue are also associated with the Virgin Mary, France's patron saint, and Charlemagne. Lafayette declared white the ancient color of France, creating the tricolor. However, different political factions have historically adopted a single color. For example, Royalists favored white, while socialists used red.
The standard France flag kit is value-priced and stylish. Complete kit contains:
- French flag made of durable and vibrant 200-Denier nylon that is bordered by gold rayon fringe and finished with a 3 in. flannel-lined pole hem with Velcro tabs;
- 2-piece, 1-1/4 in. diameter oak pole with brass screw joint;
- decorative gold rayon cord with tassels;
- 7-3/4 in. shiny gold spear ornament made of high-impact styrene plastic;
- and high-impact styrene plastic Liberty base with vacuum-plated gold finish.
Please Note: This kit is made to order. Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Shipping charges vary due to the size and weight of this kit and based on shipping destination. Therefore, shipping charges will be applied at the time of shipment. See our shipping estimator or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a shipping estimate.
US flag kit companion sizes:
- 8 ft. pole matches standard quality US flag kit item code KUS35XN.
- 9 ft. pole matches standard quality US flag kit item code KUS46XN.
Mobile users: to view the grid properly, use the Columns down arrow to add columns or flip your device sideways.