The current Italian flag was adopted in 1948. The Italian tricolor was first used by the Cispadane Republic in 1797 after Napoleon's army crossed into Italy. It is modeled after the French flag of 1790. The colors of Milan's flag, red and white, were chosen, as was green, the color of the Milanese civic guard. There are many interpretations of the colors. One interpretation states that green represents plains and hills, white symbolizes the snow-covered Alps, and red stands for the blood spilt in the Wars of Italian Independence. Another interpretation equates the colors with the three theological virtues: green for hope, white for faith, and red for charity.
The standard Italy flag kit is value-priced and stylish. Complete kit contains:
- Italian flag made of durable and vibrant 200-Denier nylon that is bordered by gold rayon fringe and finished with a 3 in. flannel-lined pole hem with Velcro tabs;
- 2-piece, 1-1/4 in. diameter oak pole with brass screw joint;
- decorative gold rayon cord with tassels;
- 7-3/4 in. shiny gold spear ornament made of high-impact styrene plastic;
- and high-impact styrene plastic Liberty base with vacuum-plated gold finish.
Please Note: This kit is made to order. Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Shipping charges vary due to the size and weight of this kit and based on shipping destination. Therefore, shipping charges will be applied at the time of shipment. See our shipping estimator or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a shipping estimate.
US flag kit companion sizes:
- 8 ft. pole matches standard quality US flag kit item code KUS35XN.
- 9 ft. pole matches standard quality US flag kit item code KUS46XN.
Mobile users: to view the grid properly, use the Columns down arrow to add columns or flip your device sideways.