The current Mexican flag was adopted in 1968 although the overall design has been used since 1821. Red, white, and green, the colors of the national liberation army in Mexico, were adopted during the War of Independence. At the center of the flag is Mexico's coat of arms: an eagle, snake in its talons, perched on a cactus atop a rock in the middle of a lake. The emblem stems from the Aztec legend that the gods told them to build their city where they saw an eagle eating a serpent on a cactus in a place that is now Mexico City.
The standard Mexico flag kit is value-priced and stylish. Complete kit contains:
- Mexican flag made of durable and vibrant 200-Denier nylon that is bordered by gold rayon fringe and finished with a 3 in. flannel-lined pole hem with Velcro tabs;
- 2-piece, 1-1/4 in. diameter oak pole with brass screw joint;
- decorative gold rayon cord with tassels;
- 7-3/4 in. shiny gold spear ornament made of high-impact styrene plastic;
- and high-impact styrene plastic Liberty base with vacuum-plated gold finish.
Please Note: This kit is made to order. Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Shipping charges vary due to the size and weight of this kit and based on shipping destination. Therefore, shipping charges will be applied at the time of shipment. See our shipping estimator or email email@example.com for a shipping estimate.
US flag kit companion sizes:
- 8 ft. pole matches standard quality US flag kit item code KUS35XN.
- 9 ft. pole matches standard quality US flag kit item code KUS46XN.
Mobile users: to view the grid properly, use the Columns down arrow to add columns or flip your device sideways.