Click here to download our handy How to Attach a Flag to a Flagpole PDF
(For flags/banners with grommets – outdoor or indoor use)
Simply place a cable tie through the grommet and secure onto the flagpole. Shop cable ties here.
(For flags/banners with grommets - outdoor use with rope)
Determine where to install the snap hooks:
1. For a new flag: Measure the distance between the grommets on your flag. This will be the same distance between the snap hooks on the rope.
2. Replacing old snap hooks: First, make sure any knots or other rope flaws that would prevent the rope from threading through the pulley are at the bottom of the rope circle and the snap hooks are close to the top. Lower the flag and put the new snap hooks in approximately the same location as the old snap hooks.
Then, thread the snap hooks:
1. Slip a loop through the eye of the snap hook.
2. Put the loop over the top of the snap hook & draw rope tight.
Shop Snap Hooks here
Download Printable Instructions
(For flags/banners with pole hem and sewn-in tab - indoor or outdoor use)
Slide pole though sleeve of banner and push precut eye through the head of the brass screw.
(For flags/banners with pole hem and velcro (indoor presentation use))
Follow manufacturer's instructions.
1. Slide pole though sleeve of banner to view positioning. 2. With both pieces of Velcro still joined, remove sticky back from one side and place on pole in desired position. 3. With both pieces of Velcro still joined and now attached to the pole, remove the other sticky back, slide banner sleeve up and into adjacent position and press against the adhesive back. 4. Repeat steps for the bottom of the pole sleeve.
Need new tabs? Purchase leather tabs or velcro tabs.
(For flags/banners with grommets - indoor or outdoor use)
Download Printable Instructions
1. Unscrew plastic screw from EZ-Mount ring.
2. Slide ring onto flagpole.
3. Thread plastic screw through the flag's grommets and screw back into EZ-Mount ring.
Shop Mounting Rings here
(For flags/banners with grommets - outdoor use)
This clever attachment will reduce the amount of time you spend wrestling your flag and banner from around your flagpole. NeverFurl® is easy to install and comes complete with everything needed including instructions and detailed drawings. Pole not included.
PDF Installation Instructions:
Shop NeverFurl hanging hardware here
How to replace your flagpole’s rope (halyard)
Before you begin, you will need scissors, duct tape and a lighter for regular rope; or steel wire crimps, duct tape and a lighter for wire rope.
1. Cut the side of the rope that is free from knots or snap hooks so that it can easily be pulled through the pulley at the top of the flagpole.
2. Once cut, hold each end of the cut rope tightly to prevent one of the rope's loose sides from traveling up the pole and through the pulley.
3. Use duct tape to attach one end of the new rope to the end of the old rope that is free from snap hooks and knots will go through the pulley.
4. Pull the snap hook side of the old rope down thus pulling the new rope up and threading the pulley.
5. Once the new rope is through the pulley and back down to you, cut the old rope loose. Hold both ends of the new rope, again to prevent one of the rope's loose sides from traveling up the pole and through the pulley.
6. Burn both ends of the rope to prevent it from fraying.
See 7A for regular rope. See 7B for wire rope.
7A. For regular rope: tie the ends of the new rope together, (one square knot and two half hitches work nicely) and secure rope to pole by wrapping several times around cleat.
7B. For wire rope: using the wire steel rope crimp, thread both ends of the new rope through the opening, (see picture) leaving about 2 inches of rope overlapping through the crimp. Screw nuts down to tighten, and secure rope to pole by wrapping several times around cleat. Shop Halyard Rope, Snap Hooks and Rope Crimps here /hardware/rope-and-snap-hooks.asp
Visit our Parts and Accessories section to find hanging hardware, brackets, cords, and more.