In-Ground Flagpole Installation Instructions: Watch our Residential In-ground Flagpole How-To Video.
WARNING: Extreme caution should be exercised when installing flagpoles near overhead power lines, or in the vicinity of buried cables.
GROUND SLEEVE INSTALLATION:
• Dig a hole to the depth of the ground sleeve plus 3 inches. The minimum diameter should be 10 inches at the top of the hole and 8 inches at the bottom. A post hole digger is ideal for this task.
• Place 3 inches of stone in the base of the hole for drainage.
• Next add 3 inches of sand on top of the stone.
• Work the ground sleeve into the sand until the top of the sleeve is 1 inch above the grade level. (Figure A).
• Place the bottom swedged section of the pole into the ground sleeve.
• Pour concrete mix into hole and around sleeve to within 1.5 inches on top of ground sleeve.
• Brace pole and use a level before concrete sets in order to achieve a straight pole.
FLAGPOLE INSTALLATION AND ASSEMBLY:
• Place the aluminum truck with pulley on the top section of pole (unswedged pole section).
• Tighten set screws firmly.
• Thread halyard rope through the pulley and knot the ends together to form a loop.
• Tie the snap hooks as illustrated in Figure B.
• Position snap hooks the appropriate distance apart according to the size of the flag you are flying.
• Next, thread the ball ornament by the stem, not the ball portion.
• Thighten the set screw against the stem to hold the ball in place.
• Slide remaining sections together making sure that the truck is positioned over the cleat as shown (Figure C).